I almost missed writing this post - I thought it was my turn next weekend! Anyway I got to play with the Scrumptious papers from last weekend's Weekender on Create and Craft and I'm going to share the samples which I made for the shows.
First up is a double-sided wreath which I made using the Scrumptious Bows Pad. I used one of the Craftwork Cards wreath bases and painted it with pale pink acrylic paint.
The complete wreath comprises 20 bows (10 double bows) - I made up 2 bows and stuck them together offset as shown, then repeated this 4 times so that I had 5 'blooms' for the front of the wreath. Each of these has a little die cut flower in the centre and a piece of Candi on which I used Glossy Accents. Next I made 5 more 'blooms' using the same colour bows as for the the first 5. This meant I could have the back of the wreath exactly the same as the front - I am a little OCD about having things matching! Here's another picture to show the detail.
Then I made a little basket using two window box cards which I had trimmed down, joined together and added a base to. This was actually going to be a little planter but I didn't have anything to use as feet - I suddenly had a light bulb moment and decided to add a handle and make it into a basket. The cards and flowers are available here.
Here's a side view of the basket:
Finally here is a picture showing the flowers on the handle and the chocolates with which I filled the basket.
My third project was a bag of chocolates for Martyn Parker who launched the Weekender with Julie. This isn't a good photo but some of these chocolates are in a cellophane bag.
Here's another picture. I did a tutorial in October on how to a make a Christmas version of these. If you click here, you'll go to the relevant blog post.
Next up is a frame card in a box, I lined the insides of both the lid and the base of the box. Here is the lid:
Close up of the double bow and the flowers:
Here's the card itself:
This picture taken from the side shows the dimension of the box:
I also added papers and a journalling card to the inside:
Last but not least is my Blooms wall hanging. I cut down a piece of thick cardboard/chipboard to the same size as the 8 by 8" papers and used this as the base. The lettering was cut using the Tim Holtz Wordplay die.
Here is one of the scruffy blooms:
Finally this picture shows the detail on the roses. Although you can't see it, both roses have a delicate shimmery finish and are also inked with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.
That's all from me for today but, as always, I'd love to know what you think of my projects so please leave me some comments.
I am back again on the Monday 2nd February, so until then keep warm and I hope you are all enjoying these amazing Scrumptious and Velvet Plum products.