Saturday, 20 October 2012

Competition Results - Diary dates - Concertina Collection by Karen Hayselden




Hi there everyone hope your all having a great weekend!!!  Mine started with a big lie in after filming the latest Privilege Club video for the lounge yesterday up here in Yorkshire!!!  Julie Hickey and I had a full day filming - Julie recreated her so, so, soooooooo gorgeous goodies in the morning and had to do a quick dash back to Craftwork Cards Towers in the afternoon but that's when I started to recreate my little delights!!!  Can't wait to see the vids now!!


Firstly our CANDI 4 CANDY
                CANDY 4 CANDI  competition Winner!!!!!  YeY!!!!!

And the lucky lady who has won over £100 of CANDI goodies is  - GILLIAN - from Aberdeenshire XX
(If you would like to email me Gillian with your details then we can get your goodies out to you so you can have a play!!! - khayselden@aol.co.uk)  
ENJOY GILLIAN X


Thanks to everyone who entered and look out for our next competition - they are going to be a regular feature on the blog in many different formats - cos we know how you love to join in and win!!!


 And Joy Smith won a couple of bags of Candi on the 

More Memory Lane Inspiration by Julie Brooks

Enjoy Joy X

________________________________________________________________________


So, dates for diary
Craftwork Cards will be up in Glasgow next week for the SECC show (25th - 28th)
_______________________________________
_____________________


Now have you all been busy creating for the USA design team call-up.  Get cracking as the closing date for all the entries is 31st October.  See below for a quick reminder of the DT call details.  Good luck X

Hi Everybody....and welcome to the new Craftworks Cards Blog USA...
Craftworks Cards is putting together a design team just for our USA followers.

  • Craftworks is looking for 4-6 designers who can do both cards, layout & home Decor
  • Design team members must have a active blog !
  • You will be responsible for creating a minimum of 2 projects a month. We will coordinate one day each week that you can post your project - it will be the same day for the DT term (I am flexible with this if for some reason your day conflicts with another DT or posting obligation)
  • The term will be 6 months starting November 1 and ending April 30
  • the design team member will be sent Craftworks Card Product to work with for designing
  • design team members will be asked to visit the blogs of those who enter the monthly sketch challenge and leave a comment.


The DT call will end October 31st - and the new DT will be announced the first week of November



email: Theresa @ thescrapbookingqueen1@gmail.com with

Craftworks Design Team USA in subject Line
include your blog link please
And visit our sister blog @ Craftworks Cards Blog and view the Craftworks Cards Web Store


AGAIN GOOD LUCK and REMEMBER the 31st is the deadline XXX

______________________________________________________

So onto a little eye-candi !!!

Here are some close-ups of my Concertina cards.

The idea behind the design of  these special cards is.......
'Dressing up' your chosen 'image'* from start to finish in 3 different stages.....
(Imagine your 'image'* had just woke up in the morning and needed to get dressed for the day ahead - lol)
You can 'dress' the.....*
Mannequin*
Wreath*
2 different sized vases**
Butterfly*
Birdhouse*


This is the  Tres Chic Mannequin card closed.

I used the luxury-concertina-card-kit. to create this mannequin card with - the kit included all the GORGEOUS Bohemian papers and mini flowers - even glittered flowers!!  The tickets and so, so, sooooooo gorgeous ribbons were also included along with the concertina cards with BOXES!!!!!
Cards in boxes are always soooo special X



Here you can see my card opened and my mannequin in 3 states of dress.  I used the vintage-photographs-12x12-sheet-miniatures included in this fabulous kit to cover my mannequin with (my absolute MUST have paper!!!)  It creates a fabulous and very alternative look for the mannequin's form.




This Wreath card also belongs to the luxury-concertina-card-kit and I OH so enjoyed making all these tiny  glittered blooms with their olive-lace-Candi centres (also included in the kit along with the sentiments sheet!)




Again - showing the 3 states of 'dress' - naked, nearly ready, to fully adorned!!!




When I created the colour palette for the bohemian collection I had 'Parma Violet and sugared almond sweets' in mind, mixed with the neutral but very natural soothing tones of greens, tans and a bright white.  The  mini bohemian-flowers that are 'spritzed and glitzed' within an inch of their lives - pictured in the vase concertina card above shows off the Bohemian colour palette to perfection X 





I love the idea of the one BIG acetate flower (all included in the kit) becoming millefleurs!!! One allover, multicoloured flower of many flowers X




Now one of my favs and why not - flutterbies are oh soooooo pretty X  This is the front of the  card 



My BoHo butterfly looks just as pretty from the start of the 'dressing' to the finished 'all glamed up'  and ready to go!




She's been inked, stamped, crumpled, distressed and finished off with cheesecloth (Amazon) and mini blooms adorned with aurora borealis Swarovski crystals -- I so wished I could pull off this beautiful BoHo look - TEE HEE!!!



I love to add lots of little details with different textures - makes for plenty of eye-candi-liciousness  to keep finding on  my creationsX




OH dear - Birdhouses another Fav of mine lol - this is the front of the card X



The birdhouses in their 3 states of 'decor'!!!



I've used my must have vintage mini piccys  again! to cover the birdhouses inked them and  embossed them.  The bottom of the house and the roof have been decoupaged and inked and the roof has the extra insulation in the form of lilac lush lace, lol. 



'Home Tweet Home' simlpe but effective - cut out tiny typed letters, ink up the edges and adhere to a tag - finish off with a candi and a lone bloom- perfect X



More detail - layered tickets inked on the distressed edges - Candi snuggled in on the edges - a tatty mini piccy just dropped in at a juunty angle - ALL peeping out from the roof and just to finish off a dangling birdie house charm to add a little glint as it moves bach and forth.

 Well it's been a long post today but I've had such news to share  and I wanted to remind you all of the USA DT call up!!!!  GOOD LUCK!!!   And SECC too (25th - 28th October)  And... And... And announced  the competition winners XX 

And as I've not shown you any of my cards lately I've decided to post the whole Concertina Collection and close-ups too XXXX  15 piccys in all for you to peek at!!!

Keep all your love, questions, jokes, comments and ideas coming in as we all love reading them here at Craftwork Cards XXX 
Huggles 
Karen
Kxoxo

10 comments:

Kath Woods said...

Wow it must have taken ages to make those but they are all absolutely stunning! Can't wait to see what you've come up with for the video lounge xx

mags said...

Absolutely stunning cards. So beautiful. Well done to the competition winner, enjoy your goodies.
Mags
x

Karen said...

Fantastic collection of makes. Congratulations to the Candi winners - I'm sooo jealous :-)

zafira said...

love them Karen I think my kit has got lost in the post it was sent ages ago and hasn't made it yet. If it hasn't arrived tomorrow I have to contact customer services then I can play

Andrea Moorhouse said...

They are super, and as Kath said they must have taken ages to do, And the ideas to make them!!! I do like the butterfly, and I do have a birthday card to make this week..... ummmmm! Ax

Julie Brooks said...

Love that butterfly Karen, and congrats to the lucky winners of the fab Candi prizes x

Joy Smith said...

Congratulations to Gillian and many thanks for my lovely Candi prize.

The cards are (as always) absolutely fabulous. I love the idea of the concertina cards. I feel some shopping coming on!

Keep the wonderful designs coming.

Joy

Lise Cooke said...

Congratulations to the winners, I am moving the USA so can I go on the DT just send the goodies to my UK address first lol lol lol, And WOW WOW WOW AMAZING and GORGEOUS, love the dresses, the blooms, the birdhouse and the butterflies, They are all FABULOUS and you are so clever Karen, I haven't really had a chance to play but I will once I've got my DT samples done xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Wow Karen what fabbilicious makes what a star you are!

Big hugs

Tina
XXX

kassa said...

Thanks for all your kind words xxx. Some cards do take me longer to create than others - I try to mix it up!!! But above all I love working with all the Bohemian elements wether its on a quicke card or a labour of love card - they all turn out looking 'Boho-tastic!!!' tee hee!!!