Sunday, 11 November 2012

60th Birthday cards by Georgina Sweetenham




I would like to share with you today a selection of 60th birthday cards I recently made. Although there were all for the same person, from various family members, the styles and colours of each card are very different. But they were all made using lovely Craftwork Cards products.

My first card uses the cute Alfie 'Just for you' stamp set. The card blank I used for this card is a Craftwork Cards white scallop circle easel card.


I stamped the Alfie image three time onto smooth white card with a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad. I coloured the stamped images with ProMarkers. I cut sections from each coloured images and layered them up using foam pads. I also stamped the cupcake case onto zig-zag patterned paper from the Naturally Gorgeous range so it would match the paper I used to cover the front and inside of the card blank. I added Glossy Accents to the cherry.


I stamped the sentiment using Craftwork Cards Candi Stamps - Christmas Candi Alphabet & Words set. As each letter is individual you can create any message you like. I added a 60 inside the card. To finish I added die cut flowers from the Sweet Pea range, ribbon, Card Candi, and gems.


For my second card (below) I used the lovely Birdhouse Shaped Cards blanks. I have made a couple of cards now using the card blank are they are great fun to decorate. I used items from the recent Memory Lane - Project of the Month kit for this card. I used the printed Bohemian papers for the main bird house and Bohemian Glitter papers for the base and roof of the birdhouse.


The flowers are also from the Memory Lane - Project of the Month kit. I thought they made a lovely frame around the entrance to the birdhouse. The birthday sentiment is from the silver Birthday Sentiments die cut sheet and I also used a Sentiment Band across the card. I die cut butterflies from the Bohemian papers which I also added to the card. The 60 was a silver peel-off. To finish I added Pearls.


For my final card I used a Scallop Step card from Craftwork Cards. I used papers from the Sweet Meadow range to decorate the card.


Around the 60 I attached roses I had cut from the patterned paper. I used foam pads to attach the roses. The sentiment is from the gold Birthday Sentiments die cut sheet. To finish I added Star Dust Stickles.


Please let me know which is your favourite 60th Birthday card, will it be the Alfie card? the Birdhouse card? or Scallop Step card?

Thanks Georgina 
__________________________________________________________________



HIYA Karen tagging in........
STUNNING 60th Birthday card collection Georgina, thanks for sharing them all with us. 
(my fav is the Birdhouse in the lush Bohemian papers and mini blooms)

Just a quick message - later today the full details of the Annual Craftwork Cards Christmas WORKSHOP will be posted - be excited, be very excited XXX  ( I Know I am!!! )  

Huggles 
Kxoxo

7 comments:

Ali Wiseman said...

All gorgeous cards, but the bird house is my fav Georgina! x

Lise Cooke said...

They are all gorgeous and stunning, I love Alfie and I love how you have made him into a decoupage Alfie, I love the use of the card on its side and the papers you used are fab as they really make Alfie stand out.
I love the bird house, Its gorgeous, I too love using them, they are brillant, love the papers and the blooms and the 60 looks great in the centre, The last one is fabulous, Love a stepper card, Gorgeous papers and love that you cut some roses out to use as toppers, stunning, I love them all but I love the bird house shape, its so different xxxx

Karen said...

Stunning cards in this little lot. xx

julie said...

All really pretty, but my favourite has to be the bird house, julie xxx

Clear cards said...

What a fabulous job on displaying your special cards! And such a unique idea, I love the little books you made them into.

Karen Cooper said...

These are stunning cards. I love the design use. You can make this extra special with the perfect birthday card messages for the celebrant.

Cheers!

Cards for Everyone said...

Lovely cards, indeed. Neatly done and nice colour picks. Totally loving this! Cheers.