Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Birthday, butterflies and blooms

 
Good morning! I would like to share a birthday card with you all today.
 
I usually use square cards so this is a little something different for me. For the card blank I have used a frame from the Craftwork Cards Embossed Frame pad. I coloured the frame using a blending tool and light brown ink pad. I scored and folding the frame in half. To fill the centre space, I also scored and folded a panel of acetate which I attached inside the card with strong red tape. 
 
 
I then decorate the front and back of the card. I coloured tinted card from the embossed pad with a blending tool and, blues and light brown ink pads. I used a butterfly punch to punch out the butterfly shapes. I attached these to the card and added  Dimension Pearls for their bodies.
 
 
The flowers were stamped onto chipboard card using Craftwork Cards Candi Stamps - Build a Bloom and then cut out. I added Candi Chips to the centre of the flowers.
 
I used the Build a Bloom and Sentiment stamps to decorate the chipboard tickets which I added to the front and back of the card. To finish I added ribbon bows.
 

9 comments:

Mars x said...

Georgina, this is one idea I'm sure lots of will be 'borrowing'!! It's a really fab card, I love it..... Mars xxx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Georgina

Wow that is such a fab idea.... Like Mars said a few might be borrowing that idea!!!

Hugs

Tina
XXX

zafira said...

what a clever idea It's lovely
janet

Karen said...

Another great idea. Hope you don't mind if I pinch this at some point. :-) xx

Shirley said...

This is so pretty and feminine. I love the see through inner part. A great idea.

Shirley

lucretia said...

Very inventive and a lovely card with lovely subtle colours.

Stamping in Pink said...

Love this idea - a fab way to use the frames if you don'y want to make a big card - thank you for sharing Karen x

butterfly said...

So clever to have the butterflies flying across the acetate!
Alison x

mags said...

A lovely card. Makes for a very different look using the acetate.
Mags
x