Thursday, 7 February 2013

Time to Sew .....


 Helloooo!

Yes, I know it's not my usual day for posting on the blog but I thought I'd pop in and say Hi! and share a little something I've been working on ......
....... a little memory book made from some chipboard bobbin shapes.

I've had great fun decorating this, using loads of my favourite products. It would make a fabulous gift for someone who likes to sew.
 
Each of the shapes has been covered using papers from the stunning Bohemian Range, and for the front and back covers I've used pearlescent cardstock.

There's rubber stamping on there, (I've sneaked in a couple of Tim Holtz stamps, they fit in so well!) There's ribbons and buttons. You can see there's also a touch of Fran-tage embossing enamel, along with a cute little wooden bobbin that I've made into a vase for some pretty paper flowers.
There's space for picture's, or journaling. A place to keep those special memories, or even notes for the latest sewing project.
Maybe you've made your own wedding dress .......
..... or a dress for a daughter's prom.

There's also space in there to keep bits n bobs, like needles, safety pins, or that special piece of ribbon .....

All the lettering has been done using the Craftwork Cards Printers Block clear stamps.  I love these stamps (can't you tell!)  It's nice to personalise a project.   And it's not always that easy to find the right words on a rubber stamp.  With these in your stash you don't have to - you can spell out whatever you like.

To finish it all off, I've added a little pocket in the back with some 'Handmade' labels.

Everything has been attatched together with a couple of metal bookrings, then I've added just a little touch of ribbon and lace, just here and there.

I hope you like it.  If you do, or you know someone this would be perfect for, well you're in luck.  It's a little 'Giveaway' from me to you.
All you have to do, to be in with a chance is ......
a)    become a follower of the Craftwork Cards Blog, that's if you're not one already, and
b)    leave a comment on this post.

A week from today, I'll enter all the comments into a hat and one will be chosen at random to receive my Bobbin Book.  Good luck!

A little reminder too about the GNPE that's coming up in March.  It's on the 16th/17th, at The Great Yorkshire Showground in Harrogate.  Full details, and how to purchase tickets can be found here.
If you haven't been before it's well worth a trip.  All the top craft retailers under one roof - craft shopping at it's best.  See you there!

Thanks for popping by. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Happy Crafting!

Linda
x

13 comments:

Glennis said...

Linda, it is absolutely gorgeous - I know my sister would love it as she does a lot of sewing.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Oh Linda that is sew gorgeous! Someone is going to be very lucky to win this.
Hugs
Tina
xxxx

kath stewart said...

wow Linda...stunning little album that any sewer would love...hugs kath xxx

Mars x said...

Blown away! Linda this is sooooo beautiful and all the detail you have given us, wow! I love it...... Mars xxx

Shirley said...

This is such a pretty little album and i can see you have put a lot of thought into each page. Just gorgeous.

Shirley

lyndaV said...

Just lovely, thanks for sharing.

hyper_ni said...

Wow! An amazing project, so much detail, thought and work gone into each page, a real work of art. How generous to offer it as a prize, I'm sure it will be treasured by whoever receives it.

Jane said...

What a beautiful album, a real work of art. I love the details and the mannequin covered in roses is so pretty. Thanks for the chance to win such a labour of love. Jane x

little amanda 7609 said...

I'd love to win this, my sister got married last Saturday and this would be perfect to showcase some photos

maureenjscott said...

Oh my! This is stunning! I'd never have thought to use pins and needles like that - and i love the bobbin as a vase, ingenious! Absolutely gorgeous! Mo xxx

pamela said...

Linda, what a lovely idea and I can see you loved doing it.

Craftychris said...

ooh this memory book is fabulous! So much work has gone into it and the mannequin is gorgeous! It would make a fabulous gift - thank you for the chance to win such a wonderful thing! xx

citronpresse said...

Hi Linda,
You have done it beautifully, I like the card so much, it is full of efforts. Color combination is perfect.