Tuesday, 26 March 2013

What's happened to Spring!!

Hi everyone,

I do hope you're all keeping cosy and warm, and that the wintry weather isn't causing you too many problems.  We did have quite a bit of snow on the Isle of Man last week,  although Douglas (where I am) wasn't that bad.  It was the other side of the island that got the worst of it.

But, enough about the weather .......... here's something I made with Spring in mind, using the gorgeous new Fusion Papers,  and one of the Kraft 6x6 Boxes.  If any of you went to the GNPE last weekend you've probably already seen this, it was on display on the Craftwork Cards stand.

There's everything here for that special person - a pretty boxed card, and a matching gift card.

I made up one of the 6x6 boxes and then used one of the pretty gingham papers from the Fusion pack to cover it.  The lovely big flower was made using the new Assorted Kraft Flowers.  These are fab, and you get loads in the pack, so you can afford to be generous and really layer them up for that special card.
Top tip:  don't throw all the push out bits away either.  These also make great flowers, I've used some for the centre of mine ......
I added a couple of die cut flourishes, some leaves cut from kraft cardstock and a cute Tiny Sentiments tag.
Some of the new Gingham Candi finishes everything off perfectly.
The matching gift card is a 6x4 kraft cardblank, and I've added some of the gingham fusion paper to the centre, embellished it with another layered flower (not as big this time), and a fancy border, then I've finished it all off with a touch of faux stitching and some dots done with a white gel pen




Inside the box is one of the fabulous new Scalloped Circle Tunnel Cards ........
Look at all the depth and detail you can get onto these ........ they're so much more than a card - they're almost a gift in themsleves

I made up my own little flower arrangement using a mix of the die cut Assorted Kraft Flowers (I said you get loads!) punched flowers from left over bits of Fusion paper (I never throw anything away) and some of the blooms I had left over from one of the Wreath Kits
You can get quite a few layers in these tunnel cards, then the best bit is everything lies flat again ready for posting.  Great idea!
Note the blue sky in the background - this is not a recent picture.  It's pretty grey over here at the moment, but, I assume Spring is on it's way - it's just taking it's time!  The clocks go forward at the weekend so who knows, it may be just around the corner - fingers crossed!

Thanks for popping by today.  Enjoy the rest of your week, and have a lovely Easter weekend.  Are you planning anything nice?  I'm spending time in the old craft room I think, playing with my Harrogate purchases.  There may just be the odd Easter Egg in there too!!!  

I'll be back on the blog on Saturday this week, with something from the new Dolly Mixtures  range.  Please pop by and say hello if you have the time.  I'll see you then!

Cheerio for now

Linda
x

11 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...awesome crafting Linda, love how you've decorated the box, two gift's in one, these boxes are such a cool idea, love them...Melxx :)

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Linda oh wow your creations are so gorgeous I love the dotty detail on the kraft card - so sweet. Like you I love the tunnel cards so many layers, texture and detail! Can't wait to see your post on Sat... I for one will definitely be popping over for a look.
Hugs
Tina
xxxx

Lise Cooke said...

WOW WOW WOW Linda they are gorgeous. Love the tunnel cards and I love the kraft and fusion papers. Stunning. Love the beautiful blooms, Can't wait to see dolly mixtures xxxx

Lise Cooke said...

WOW WOW WOW Linda they are gorgeous. Love the tunnel cards and I love the kraft and fusion papers. Stunning. Love the beautiful blooms, Can't wait to see dolly mixtures xxxx

Stamping in Pink said...

absolutely stunning! these cards are really very special, thank you for sharing Karen P x

Craftwork Cards said...

I have seen Linda's cards in the flesh and they are stunning! So talented and I too cant wait to see what you make with the Dolly Mixtures. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us all and see you Saturday!
Julie
x

mrzi said...

Linda, such beauty in on blog! Love them all, just what we need I this awful weather......... Mars xxx

Shirley said...

These are gorgeous Linda. I have just ordered the papers and flowers and cannot wait for them to arrive.

Shirley

kath stewart said...

beautiful cards Linda...I love what you've done with the flowers...hugs kath xxx

Jo Street said...

Wow Linda, these are beautiful.
Jo x

Kim Robertson said...

Stunning Linda , really gorgeous xx