Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Delightful Daisies

Morning everyone,

How are you all?  It's been a while since I had a good old chat, so grab a coffee and lets get down to some crafty business.

I was at Ally Pally the weekend before last and I managed to say 'Hello' to Julie and the Craftwork Cards team.  It was nice to finally meet up with Marie too, a fellow DT member.
I was there with a couple of crafty girlfriends, we'd gone down to London for the weekend, and we had a ball.  We're already planning next year's trip - I'd better start saving up now I think!!

Anyway, enough of my travels (only 4 weeks on Friday until my hols - not that I'm counting! - Italy here I come) 
I've been busy playing (ooops!) ......   I mean working, in the old craft room since I got home, and I'd like to share with you something that we could all do with, on the door of the room where we have our craft stash ........
.......... a pretty door hanger, telling everyone exactly what's inside.

I used the gorgeous Prima 'Engraver' Collection papers, along with one of the Daisy toppers from Julie's Delightful Daisies Collection.

I started off by using the two largest hearts from the 'Love Me Do' Chipboard Hearts - one open one and one solid, they fit together perfectly.
I placed one inside the other and then covered both of them with a piece of black cardstock.   The other side, I covered with the beautiful papers.

I've used my version of a Hels Sheridan technique called paper blocking to cover the heart.  It's the first time I've tried this, and I'm really pleased with the results. I shall definitely be using this technique again.
It means that you can use up all those tiny scraps of paper that we crafters just don't like to throw away.  Admit it, you all have a box full.  Tiny bits of your favourite 12x12 papers, that it's taken you years to actually cut into and now you don't want to throw any of them away.  Well, you don't have to, this technique is ideal.  All the pieces I've used are about 4cm x 6cm, give or take a little.  I just arranged them on my heart until I was happy with the layout, then stuck them down using a wet glue.  Once they were dry I went around the edges with a soft black pencil (Coloursoft), to add a bit of detail.
I kept everything quite neutral for my door hanger, but you could use whatever colours, or papers you have in your stash.

I took one of the daisy wreaths and cut around the flowers, leaving a tiny border.  I cut out the middle section too.

The flowers that Julie has used to design these are one of my all time favourites, you can do so much with them, and, they're the right size to fit the EK Success Retro Daisy punches, if any of you have these in your collection
I decided to use the printed wreath as my base, and to decorate it using punched flowers from Craftwork Cards pearlescent cardstock, the Prima papers and also some co-ordinating tissue paper from my stash.
I used  Gingham candi for the centres of some of the flowers and also the black polka dot.
I added Stickles to the large cirlces in the design (you can use candi in these too), and I used the Platinum Liquid Pearls in the smaller ones, one of my, and the rest of the DT I think, new favourite things. Check out all the new colours on the website - gorgeous!
The lettering was done using the Printers Block Clear stamps, stamped in black then  clear embossing powder over the top.  Each one has been cut out and mat onto some black cardstock, the attached using foam tape.
A pretty little Kraft die cut bird finishes the project off nicely.  He's been inked using Distress inks, and then sat onto a die cut branch - cute or what!

Here's some more designs of mine using the Delightful Daisies .........
Used as is, on an 8x8 cardblank.  The flowers have been paper pieced and layered, using the EK Success punches, and candi used for the centres. A nice ribbon bow and a sentiment makes a really pretty card.


For this one, I used the daisy wreath as a backdrop for Cheryl, one of the Dolly Mixtures.  Again I've used the co-ordinating papers to colour my daisies.

Last and by no means least .......
Just to show you that you don't always have to use the whole wreath.  Cut it up and just use part of it.  I've taken a section here, paper pieced some of the flowers, coloured some with Copic markers and then used the Dolly Mixtures papers and a couple of fancy punched borders to form my layout.  Add a sentiment and you've got a really quick and easy card.

Don't forget, all this week we're featuring 'Bunting' on the Blog.  Some of the DT have been busy making their bunting and you can see all their creations here everyday.  Not only that, we're giving away a fabulous Bunting Kit each and everyday to one lucky reader.  All you have to do is leave a comment on the day's bunting post, and become a follower of the Craftwork Cards Blog, if you're not already.  Then, the following day a winner will be chosen, at random, to recieve a Bunting Kit.  Simples.  It's the lovely Georgina's turn today, so why not pop over and take a look.

Thanks for spending time with me.  Enjoy the rest of your week.

Happy crafting!
 Linda
xx
Post a Comment