Sunday, 23 June 2013

An Altered Box



Hi Everyone,

I'm here again this time with a box which originally held a selection of shower gels.  I've used the Tea Dance collection of products to transform it.


First of all I covered all of the outside of the box with papers from the Tea Dance collection.  I inked the edges of each side lightly with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  The lid of the box is covered in crushed Candi.  I alternated the two colours and added a dot of platinum glitter glue to the centre of each piece.

I've added bunting to the front and sides.  All of the plain edges pieces are mounted onto the scalloped edge ones - here are close ups:



Of course I had to use some fabby blooms on the lid.  Here's a close up of them:


I'd love to know what you think of this box so please leave some comments.  I'll be back soon to share more creations with you.  Until then enjoy crafting with the fantastic products brought to us by Craftwork Cards.

Kath xx

12 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Love it! The papers are so gorgeous and the Candi top is fabulous - another way for me to use up some of my Candi hoard. Thanks for sharing hugs Karen

Mars x said...

F A B U L O U S!!!! Love it Kath and all that Candi too, wow..... Mars xxx

Jane said...

Wow it looks amazing...the lid must have taken forever but worth it. Great work,thanks for sharing your super project x

Linda said...

This is gorgeous Kath. The bunting all the way around looks fab and the lid, well what can I say, it must have taken you ages. Well worth it though, it's stunning! A great way to recylce all those fab gift boxes we all keep, just in case. In fact I think I have a couple of these exact same boxes lurking somewhere - came from a well know shopping channel, around Christmas time??!!?? :) xx

hotpotato said...

how pretty.

Sandra H said...

Wow truly gorgeous creations your so creative x

nannapat said...

Fantastic project Kath - I love the bunting and the lid is just fab. Pat x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...Kath this altered box is superb eye candy!...stunning work allround and your use of candi is amazing, the lid looks like rows of pretty hand sewn sequins, the time you have taken with great attention to detail is inspiring, I love it Kath...Mel:)xx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Oh my gosh this altered box is gorgeous - the top with all those crushed Candi - how long did that take?? its all so perfectly aligned - love it!

Hugs

Tina
XXXXX

Craftychris said...

Its really gorgeous! I love those papers and the crushed candi xx

Jo Street said...

Wow, there's some work in that, well done it's gorgeous!
Jo x

Kim Robertson said...

Gorgeous, love it Kath and wow so much Candi work. x