Friday, 16 August 2013

All dressed up .....

Morning everyone,

I know it's a bit early in the month for me to be posting but, there was a day going spare and I thought I'd pop on and share a couple of ideas using one of the fabulous Craftwork Cards Goody Boxes.

These are such great value for money - you get loads in them, enough to make at least 20 cards.  Everything co-ordinates so your finished designs will look perfect everytime.  I chose the Macaroon version this time, a lovely mix of sugary pastel shades, along with cute dotty and gingham prints.  A really nice collection for all those pretty projects we like to make.

You don't just have to use the kit to make cards, why not decorate the envelope, or a gift box, to match what's inside.  It makes a card more of a gift I think, perfect when you need something a little more special.

I took one of the 6x6 white boxes  added some embossed paper to the lid and decorated it using some of the paper from the Goody Box, cute little bows from one of the Paper Bows Pads and a nice foiled sentiment.


But what's inside? .......
Open it up and there's pretty easel card decorated with one of the die cut mannequins dressed up to the nines ......


I used the papers from the Macaroon Goody box to decorate the card, using lots of matting and layering - see how the designs and colours all co-ordinate making it really easy to put great looking cards together.


I gave the chipboard mannequin a coat of acrylic paint, and then dressed her up using some pretty rose trim and added one of those darling little bows from the pad. A couple of pearl pins give the finishing touch to her party dress.
The bows are so easy to make, you get full instructions included in the pad, but once you've made one you're away. And, they are perfect everytime.  They're available on the website, in different colours and designs,  and my advice would be .... buy them all, you'll use them, trust me.


See, another great use for them .........  I've used one of the large size bows to make the stopper to hold up the easel.  Added a rose from the trim I used on the mannequin's dress, and just curled the edges up to add add a touch of extra dimension.


Something special to give when you want more than just a greeting card. 


Here's another nice way of using the Goody Box.  I love how this turned out, it's so pretty and so simple to make.


I've made some frames using Nestabilities dies and some embossed cardstock, then mat and layered using papers from the Macaroon Goody Box  along with some black cardstock, and added a touch of glitter to the spots.


I went for an 8x8 cardblank and cut 2inch squares, but you could easily size this down and make a smaller version, or just use 4 squares instead of the 9 maybe.

I added a sentiment to the centre square, and made up the bow using both sizes from the pad, and finished it off with a paper rose.


You'll find all the details for the Goody Boxes and the Paper Bow Pads on the Craftwork Cards Website along with lots of other goodies too.

Hope you like my Macaroon makes.  I'll be back with my usual monthly post towards the end of  August.

I've a busy weekend coming up ....... I've got my gorgeous little grandson, and his mum, over for a few days so I'll have my hands full I think.

Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend.  See you all again soon.

Happy crafting! 

Linda
xx

8 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...awesome work Linda, stunning designs, smiley eyes from me...Mel:)xx

Jane said...

What lovely work Linda, such pretty colours too x

Mars x said...

Mel is so right Linda, absolutely awesome. I love them both, and the box for easel card, which is stunning, is so classy and beautiful. Love the circles and squares card too! Hugs, Mars xxx

Craftwork Cards said...

Stunning creations from you as usual, Linda!
I love the easel card with the mannequin all dressed up and the bow as the stop is brilliant!
Do you know that 9 squares is my all time favourite design for a card? Well I just love what you have done on an 8x8 card, creating your own frames, layering onto black really makes all those soft sugary colours pop off the card, it is stunning!
Thank you for taking the extra day this month and for sharing such fabulous ideas with us all.
Have a wonderful weekend with your daughter and grandson.
Julie
Xx

Debbie said...

Wow, wow, wow.... What beautiful creations you've made.Love them all.Hugs Debbie x

Jane said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous Linda! Jane x

nannapat said...

Great easel card Linda and I love the square card, it's so pretty. Pat x

Michelle said...

Fantastic! I love them all but may have to copy the last card with the circle cut-outs - it's just so pretty x x